We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Keema Matar Idiyappam
|1.||Roasted Rice Flour [Idiyappam Flour]||1 ½ Cup|
|2.||Boiled Water||1 ½ Cup|
|5.||Keema [Minced Meat]||250 gms|
|6||Finely Chopped Onion||1 Nos|
|7||Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tbsp|
|8||Finely Chopped Carrot||1 Nos|
|9||Fresh Peas||½ Cup|
|11||Corriander Powder||1 tsp|
|12||Garam Masala||½ tsp|
|13||Red Chilli Powder||½ tsp|
|14||Black Pepper Powder||½ tsp|
|15||Cumin Powder||½ tsp|
|16||Mustard Seeds||½ tsp|
|17||Green Chillies – Chopped||2 Nos|
|18||Finely Chopped Tomato||1 Nos|
|19||Dried Red Chillies||4 Nos|
|20||Kadhi Patta||5 Leaves|
For Kheema Muttar
• Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutters add kadhi patta and dried red chillies. Add onion and fry. Add ginger garlic paste.
• Now add diced carrot, green chillies, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder and the keema mince. Add a bit of water and fry for a few minutes. Cook covered on low heat for about 5 minutes, till the mince is cooked.
• Add chopped tomatoes and green peas and stir. Add black pepper powder, garam masala and cook till keema is dry.
For Stuffed Idiyappam
• Boil water and keep aside for 2 minutes. Add ghee, salt and rice flour and mix well.
• Mix well and cool the mixture for a bit. Knead it into a dough while it is still lukewarm.
• Fill an Idiyappam press with the dough. Brush the idli mould with some oil. Press a layer into idli molds. Make the rounds clean with wet fingers and steam in a pressure cooker or in an steamer till Idiyappam is well cooked, about 8-10 mints
• Serve hot with Keema Muttar.