We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
1 cup soya granules, soaked
4 whole wheat burger buns
1 tsp oil + for shallow-frying
3 medium potatoes, boiled and peeled
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 medium onion, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
2 tbsps rolled oats, roasted
2 cups breadcrumbs
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp mustard sauce
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
4-5 Iceberg lettuce leaves
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
4 cheese slices
- Squeeze and put soya granules in a bowl.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick pan.
- Grate potatoes into the bowl.
- Add garlic in the pan and sauté till fragrant. Add onion, mix and sauté for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Add salt, crushed peppercorns and oats to the bowl and mix well.
- Spread breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Add sautéed garlic and onion to the bowl and mix well. Add Worcestershire sauce and mix well.
- Divide the soya mixture into equal portions and shape them into medium size patties. Coat the patties with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick pan.
- Slice burger buns horizontally into halves.
- Place the patties in the pan and shallow-fry till golden and evenly done from both sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Toast the buns in the same pan.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard sauce and tomato ketchup in another bowl and mix well.
- Spread a spoonful of mayonnaise mixture on the underside of the base bun halves. Put torn lettuce leaves and top with a patty, 1 tomato slice, 1 onion slice and 1 cheese slice and cover with the upper bun halves.
- Place the burgers on a serving plate, secure with a toothpick and serve immediately.