We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
2-3 medium tomatoes, blanched and seeded
Juice of ½ lemon
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
1 medium cucumber
Tomato triangles as required
- Deseed and scoop out avocado flesh in a bowl.Add lemon juice.
- Grind blanched tomatoes to make a smooth puree.
- Take ½ of avocado in another bowl and mash. Add tomato puree and mix. Add remaining avocado and mix well. Add salt and crushed peppercorns and mix well.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle with the avocado-tomato mixture and refrigerate to set and thicken. This is tomacado mousse.
- Discard the ends of the cucumber and cut into strips using a peeler.
- Fold in each cucumber strips to make a round and place them onto a serving platter. Pipe out the tomacado mousse in the center of folded cucumber strips.
- Top each with a tomato triangle and serve immediately.