We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Sambhar dal as required, pureed
1½-2 cups whole wheat flour + for dusting
Salt to taste
Ghee for spreading
Carrot yogurt for serving
Spinach yogurt for serving
- To prepare dough, take flour in a bowl. Add some sambhar puree and knead into a dough. Add salt and knead into a soft dough.
- Heat a non-stick tawa.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into balls.
- Dust the worktop with some flour and roll out few balls to make a thick disc. Spread some ghee on topof each disc and fold the disc into half. Spread some more ghee and again fold into half to make triangle shape. Roll it out to make a triangle shape parantha.
- Place the triangle parantha on hot tawa and roast from both sides till golden specks appear.
- To make lachcha parantha, dust the worktop with some flour and roll out remaining balls to a long sheet.Spread some ghee on top, fold into zig-zagand twist in to make a circle.Roll it out to make a lachcha parantha.
- Roast the lachcha paranthas on hot tawa from both sides till golden specks appear.
- Spread some more ghee on roasted paranthas and serve hot with carrot yogurt and spinach yogurt.