We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
6 slices Bread- sliced
Oil to deep fry
2 tbsp Ghee
1 cup Full Cream Milk
2 tbspPista, blanched and chopped
1/4 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Water
1 eliachi(Cardamom) powdered
4-5 badam(Almonds) toasted and sliced
Few strands ofkesar(saffron)
• First you need to cut the edges of the bread. Thereafter, cut it diagonally to form 2 triangles. Fry them in hot oil until brown and crisp
• To make the sugar syrup, mix sugar and water and set the mixture to boil. Now, simmer the solution for about 10 minutes and add powdered elachi into it.
• Take a pan and set the milk to boil. Simmer it until it reduces to 1/4th quantity. Keep stirring occasionally so that it does not stick to the pan. Now, add pista and few strands of saffron to the thickened milk.
• Apply ghee on the sides of the bread and lightly fry them until they turn golden brown on both sides. Dip the bread pieces into sugar syrup, drain well
• Arrange the fried bread on a plate.
• Now, spread the milk mixture onto the bread and sprinkle some almonds, pista and saffron strands over it.
• Chill it and serve when it is chill!!