We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Upside Down Dahi Bhalle
2 cups yogurt (dahi)
1 cup split skinless black gram, soaked overnight
Oil for deep-frying
Salt to taste
½ inch ginger, finely chopped
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1 tbsp raisins
½ teaspoon sugar
Green chutney as required
Sweet chutney as required
Dahi Bhalla Masala for sprinkling
Few fresh coriander sprigs for garnishing
1. Drain and grind black gram into a smooth thick batter. Transfer into a bowl.
2. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
3. Add salt, ginger, green chilli and raisin to the batter and mix well.
4. Dampen your palms with little water, divide the batter into equal large portions and deep-fry in hot oil till golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
5. Insert a small cookie cutter into the fried bhalle to create holes in them.
6. Take the yogurt in another bowl. Add sugar and salt and mix well.
7. Place the prepared bhalle on a serving platter. Spoon in the yogurt in the holes and top with some green chutney and sweet chutney. Sprinkle Keya Dahi Bhalla Masala, garnish with coriander sprigs and serve chilled.