We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Whole Wheat Khakra Nachos
2-3 diet khakras
200 gmscottage cheese (paneer)
Salt to taste
2 tbsps red chilli paste
½ tsp garam masala powder + for sprinkling
1 tsp oil
1 medium onion
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cup kidney beans (rajma), boiled
1 medium tomato, chopped
Few fresh coriander sprigs
5-6 garlic cloves
Iceberg lettuce leaves for serving
Hung yogurt for topping
Fresh coriander leaves for sprinkling
1 medium avocado
1 tsp lemon juice
¼ medium tomato, chopped
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
2 spring onion bulbs
Salt to taste
1 tsp olive oil
1 fresh oreganosprig
1-2 fresh coriander sprigs
1. Cut cottage cheese into 1 inch cubes and put in a bowl. Add salt, chilli paste and ¼ tspgaram masala powder. Mix gently.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cottage cheese cubes and sauté for 2 minutes or till golden brown.
3. Roughly chop onion and add to a blender jar. Add lemon juice, ¼ tspgaram masala powder, kidney beans, some chopped tomatoes, some fresh coriander sprigs and garlic and blend to a coarse mixture.
4. To make the guacamole, scoop out the flesh of the avocado and add in a mortar. Add lemon juice, tomato, crushed peppercorns, sliced spring onion bulbs, salt, olive oil, oregano sprigs and coriander sprigs and grind to a coarse mixture using a pestle.
5. Arrange the kidney beans mixture on a serving plate and place some lettuce leaves on top. Add the sautéed cottage cheese, sprinkle remaining chopped tomatoes and some guacamole. Repeat the process till all the ingredients are used up.
6. Break the khakra into large pieces and add. Top with hung yogurt, sprinkle coriander leaves and garam masala powder.Serve.